Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving In All It's Glory

Thanksgiving is just the best, isn't it?!  I know I have said it in the past, but I just really love it.  Mostly because it's about family + food and then more family + food.  With it being our first Thanksgiving with Ezra, my heart couldn't help but feel like it was bursting with so much love for this little family of mine.  I wish there was a word that could top blessed, because if there was...well, it would fit perfectly here.  We celebrated by keeping a pretty relaxed and chill morning by watching the parade.  Jude was actually pretty amused by it this year.  Every float and group came with several inquiries from him.  "Mommy, what is that one?", "Mommy, what does that one do?", "What are they doing, Mommy?", "Can I see that one, Mommy?"...I think you probably get the point.  We then proceeded to eat lunch with Matt's family, which if I haven't said this before well, Matt's mom can flat out cook.  It's hard to pass up any dish that she makes.  The meal was followed up with football and comas.  We then took our small troop to dinner with my family.  Which of course included a lot more over-the-top-delicious food and yes, guilt, because who can eat that much without feeling guilt?!  The rest of the evening included sitting around the fire, playing games, having long talks, and watching more football.  There was no rushing to grab the best sales and deals by us...just a lot of family time.  I must say that with all of the blessings and goodness we celebrated this holiday, it was difficult in that this was the first Thanksgiving without Mamaw.  My mom, sister, and I were all messaging each other all weekend...each of us with our own feelings of grief and loss.  However, we are glad that she was able to celebrate her best Thanksgiving yet with our Lord and Savior.  Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful and fulfilling too!   Now on to Christmas... :)















No comments:

Post a Comment