Monday, November 4, 2013

How We Came About This Year's Costumes

It all began two weeks ago when I got pretty sick.  After a sick day on Thursday and 5-day antibiotic treatment from the doctor, I was looking forward to getting well.  Then, on Saturday Jude came down with an infection, which we found out from Urgent Care on Sunday was Pink Eye. :(  So, the Wilson household was just feeling crummy last week (all but daddy, that is, he managed to escape all of the yuckiness).  Okay, okay, I am getting to the point of why I am writing.  All of this led to Matt staying home with Jude for two days.  For those of you that know Matt, you know he loves any opportunity to dress in costumes.  Well, our church's Harvest Party was the event we were looking forward to dressing up for.  I had mentioned a few months ago that I wanted our costumes to channel Where the Wild Things Are (one of our favorite children's books).  We looked up some different ideas, and then Matt found a DIY that I would have totally passed over and chalked it up to being too difficult, but not him.  With some free time at home while nursing Jude back to health, he got to work.  It ended with two uh-mazing wild things masks.  We bought a teddy bear costume for Jude which we made a few alterations to.  Matt added a tail and claw feet.  I added a crown and viola...Max, the king of all wild things.  And that is how this year's costumes came about.

"And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"

“And Max, the king of all wild things, was lonely and wanted to be 
where someone loved him best of all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment