Monday, September 17, 2012

Grateful

I'm feeling reflective as I begin a new week.  Yesterday I found out that a dear friend lost her baby due to a miscarriage.  I will not pretend to know what that feels like; however, my heart just breaks for her and her husband.  I have been sending prayers of strength and peace for them.  Life is such a beautiful gift from God.  Thoughts of thankfulness have been flooding my mind.  There are so many blessings in my life to be grateful for.  In our culture, it is easy to get caught-up in all of our "wants".  I pray that I never forget to thank God what I have.  One of my favorite quotes is:
       
             "What if you woke up today with only the things that you thanked God for yesterday?"

Thought provoking, right?!  Today I choose to be thankful for my family, friends, health, home, job, and the many other blessings in my life.



In everything give thanks... I Thess. 5:18

 

No comments:

Post a Comment