Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Trip to DC (Part 1)

My 30th birthday is coming up this week, and I asked Matt to (in lieu of presents) take me to Washington, DC.  I have been there once, but only for one day...not nearly enough to accomplish all you can do there.  Matt takes annual trips to DC as a chaperone for the 8th graders of his school, so I knew he would be a perfect tour guide.  ;)  We left Ohio (and Jude...no worries he had lots of grandparent love) and tried to fit as much sight seeing as we could in 4 days.  I must tell you that DC was a lot better than I could have imagined.  As we visited the historical sights, monuments, and museums, I was overwhelmed with feelings of wonder, gratitude, admiration, and pride for our country.  If you haven't visited yet, it is a definite must for a future vacation.  Here are several (very touristy) pictures of some of the places we visited. 


Lincoln Memorial

Vietnam Memorial

The Capitol Building
(we had a wonderful tour given by Congressman Mike Turner's intern) 



The center of the city inside the Capitol.


Arlington Cemetery




Iwa Jima Memorial

National Archives


Washington Memorial



Jefferson Memorial

MLK Jr. Memorial

National Cathedral

Mt. Vernon



Note: Some of these pics are from our iPhones, so apologies for the blurry takes.


 



1 comment:

  1. What a great trip! I love DC so much ... Arlington {changing of the guard} was a fave & I also loved Mt Vernon.

    ReplyDelete